Skip to main content

How to apply and get UK Work, Employment Visa

The UK is one of the most popular immigration destinations in the world for people who want to live and work in a new country. However, the UK immigration system is very strict. The UK five-tier UK Visa system was introduced from 2008 to 2010, which measures applicants against various criteria to assess their suitability for work in the UK. Your UK employer must apply on your behalf. The length of your permit depends on the type of work you are doing and the type of permit. If you have already found work in the UK and have been accepted for work, or if you have a visa that does not allow you to work, you may need to get a work permit. Work permits are for highly skilled and qualified foreign workers who can contribute to UK growth and productivity. This visa category includes entrepreneurs, investors and exceptional talents. This category includes professions from:

Doctor (doctor);



financial expert;



IT specialist;


Work permit type:

Tier 2 (general) visa:

You can apply for a second tier (general) visa if you are offered a qualifying job in the UK or outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. You must provide a sponsorship certificate from a licensed sponsor (i.e. prospective employer) before you can apply to come to the UK and the work you do in the UK must be related to the work of your sponsoring organisation.

First line visa (general):

You can apply to switch from this visa to a first class (general) visa if you have a "let stay" permit in the UK. You cannot apply for a Category 1 (General) visa if you are outside the UK and you usually cannot switch to this category from another immigration category.

Visa Level 1 (Extraordinary Talent):

You can apply for a first class visa (exceptional talent) if: you are recognized as an internationally recognized executive or a candidate for executive in your field in the natural sciences, humanities, engineering, medicine, digital technology, arts or you are outside the European Economy (EEA) and Switzerland.

Foreign Business Visa Representative:

You can apply to come to the UK as a foreign business representative if you are located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and are: The sole representative of a foreign company wishing to establish a branch in the UK, or wholly owned foreign subsidiary holding company An employee of a foreign newspaper, news agency or broadcaster posted to the UK on a long term assignment

Domestic workers on a domestic visa:

You can apply for a UK visa from your employer if:

outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland

are domestic workers in private households

You have worked for your employer for at least 1 year

meet other admission requirements

UK Immigration Score System The number of points you earn in the UK points system determines whether you are eligible for a UK work visa. In the British points system, points are awarded for:


Expected future profits


English knowledge

Self-insured funds

If you are not an EU/EFTA citizen and wish to work in the UK, you will need a UK work permit relating to the nature of your work. Most UK work visas require sponsorship from an employer based in the UK, so you will need to secure appropriate employment and sponsorship before applying for a UK work visa. Before applying, you must meet the following requirements for a work permit:

you have received a validated job offer from a licensed UK company acting as your sponsor; and

Get a sponsorship certificate from your sponsoring company; and

Take a points-based assessment, details of which can be found on the work permit pages for the specific categories listed below.

How long it takes to make a decision: You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the date of your trip to the UK. You should receive a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.


Popular posts from this blog

Clear-Cut Plans In 5 Money-Saving Tips To Follow When Travelling Outdoors

 If you're a fan of the great outdoors, whether it's camping, hiking, hiking, or even vacationing in a mountain cabin, you know that you need to allocate a certain budget to make the most of your trip. You need money for gas, groceries, tools, equipment, and other basic items, and most of the time that's a large sum. If you're on a tight budget, consider these tips to save money when traveling outdoors: Save money on equipment and accessories If you are planning to buy/replace camping equipment for your trip, your purchase decision must be made. You don't need a bulky, elaborate tent that costs $500 if you're camping alone, or a sleeping bag with all these features you won't even use right away. Get basic, high-quality equipment that fits the season and time of your trip - so you get what you need and save money in the process. Choose a cheaper place If you're on a budget for your next camping adventure, don't choose a campsite that costs more than y